The Comedy Festival Returns to Caesar's Palace, Las VegasHBO & AEG LIVE'S SECOND INSTALLMENT OF "THE COMEDY FESTIVAL" AT CAESARS PALACE, NOVEMBER 14-18, 2006
SPONSORED BY TBS
TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29th
***Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg, Robin Williams to Host "Comic Relief 2006" Gala Finale Event
New York, NY [September 28, 2006] - The Comedy Festival (TCF) today announced its initial programming lineup, featuring the biggest artists on the stand-up comedy horizon. Highlights of the 2006 festival include a special presentation of the wildly popular "Tourgasm" starring Dane Cook, a live version of MTV's "Nick Cannon Presents Wild 'N Out," radio star Tom Joyner's "Oh, Oh, Oh, Comedy Show" featuring Mike Epps, Mo'Nique, Damon Wayans, and Katt Williams, perennial "D-list" celebrity comedienne Kathy Griffin, "Sex and The City's" Mario Cantone, the masters of edgy humor Dave Attell and Louis C.K., an adults-only late night special hosted by Bob Saget, special appearances by Joe Rogan and pals, Jamie Kennedy, and a landmark performance by the inimitable comedic legend Don Rickles.
"We are excited to bring this wide array of laughs, ranging from "Tourgasm" with Dane Cook to a live interactive comedy competition, back to Caesars Palace for the second consecutive year," said Bob Crestani, CEO of The Comedy Festival.
Individual tickets and packages for this year's festival will be available for purchase beginning September 29th at 10:00 a.m. PST. The second annual TCF, presented by HBO and AEG Live will return to Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, November 14 - 18, 2006. With TBS returning as title sponsor, this year's extravaganza has expanded from three days to five days, culminating with the return of "Comic Relief", starring founders Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg and Robin Williams.
Some of the talent performing at this year's festival will include:
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
• TCF Village Opening - Whether you're a lover of chocolate, cigars or cars, there will be something for everyone during the five fully-packed days of activities in this new interactive TCF space. Located in the outdoor Roman Plaza amphitheatre of Caesars Palace, all events will be FREE OF CHARGE, and hours of operation are:
Tuesday 5:00 - 10:00 p.m.; Wednesday 1:00-10:00 p.m.; Thursday 1:00-10:00 p.m.; Friday 1:00-10:00 p.m.; and Saturday 1:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
• Don Rickles - 8:00 p.m., Augustus Ballroom. This comedy legend brings his live show with full orchestra to TCF.
• Oh, Oh, Oh…The Tom Joyner Comedy Show starring Mike Epps, Mo'Nique, Damon Wayans, and Katt Williams with J. Anthony Brown - 7:30 p.m., The Colosseum.
• "Nick Cannon Presents Wild 'N Out," - 11:30 p.m., Augustus Ballroom. A live version of the popular MTV show.
Thursday, November 16, 2006
• "Sierra Mist Stand Up or Sit Down" - 8:00 p.m., Augustus Ballroom. Sierra Mist, in partnership with MySpace, presents this on-line competition's finals, which will be taped for broadcast on TBS on Friday.
• "Friends of the Bob and Tom Radio Show Comedy Tour" with Mike Armstrong, Greg Hahn, Drew Hastings, Roy Wood, Jr. and Bob Zany - 8:30 p.m., Palace Ballroom.
• Dave Attell, Louis CK and Daniel Tosh - 11:00 p.m., Augustus Ballroom.
• An Evening with Mario Cantone - 11:30 p.m., Palace Ballroom. Sex and the City star brings his cutting edge New York humor to Vegas.
Friday, November 17, 2006
• "Dane Cook's Tourgasm Tour" with Gary Gulman, Robert Kelly and Jay Davis - 8:00 p.m. & 11:00 p.m. at The Colosseum.
• The Comedian Award presented to Chris Rock - 9:00 p.m., Palace Ballroom. Following in the esteemed footsteps of first year recipient Jerry Seinfeld, Rock is this year's TCF choice to receive the award given to an artist who has most influenced the art of comedy. The event will feature a 60-minute Q&A with Rock and friends, and a clips and award presentation by HBO Chairman and CEO Chris Albrecht.
• Bob Saget with special guest Jamie Kennedy - 9:30 p.m., Augustus Ballroom.
• "For Adults Only" with Bob Saget and guests to be announced - 1:00 a.m., Palace Ballroom. If you missed last year's version with host Bill Maher, you missed one of the Festival's hottest shows. Bob Saget will take it to the next level, bringing his R-rated, cutting-edge humor to the late night stage. Additional talent to be announced.
Saturday, November 18, 2006
• "Comic Relief 2006" hosted by Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg and Robin Williams - 6:00 - 9:00 p.m., The Colosseum. "Comic Relief 2006" is a live 3-hour event that will be simulcast on HBO & TBS Saturday night, November 18 from The Colosseum. The complete talent line-up will be announced soon. All proceeds from this show will benefit the rebuilding of New Orleans and the victims of Katrina.
• An Evening With Kathy Gri"fin - 8:30 p.m., Palace Ballroom.
• "Maxim Real Men of Comedy" featuring Joe Rogan, Charlie Murphy and John Heffron - 9:30 p.m., Augustus Ballroom. Maxim magazine sponsors one of this fall's hottest comedy tours.
• Pablo Francisco and Gabriel Iglesias - 11:00 p.m., Palace Ballroom.
The Emperors Ballroom will be the site of this year's TCF Stand-Up Club, featuring:
• The Lucky 21: TCF asked 21 comedy clubs across the nation, from Birmingham to St. Louis, Denver to Seattle, to pick their favorites. See them here and have a chance to pick your favorite. Thursday, November 16 at 7:00 & 10:30 p.m., Friday, November 17 at 10 p.m. & 12:30 a.m.; Saturday, November 19 at 7:30 p.m. & 12:00 a.m.
TBS returns as the title sponsor. Other TCF sponsors include AOL, Sierra Mist, Vonage, Ford Mercury, Hollywood Reporter and Variety.
TICKET ON-SALE INFORMATION
Tickets can be purchased for individual shows and packages beginning September 29th at 10:00 a.m. PST/1:00 EST, online at www.thecomedyfestival.com, www.ticketmaster.com, www.vegas.com and by phone at 877-TCF-FEST and at the Box Office at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace.
Exclusive VIP packages are available online or by calling The Colosseum box office at 702-866-1409. For hotel room and ticket packages visit www.caesarspalace.com.
For additional festival information including schedule updates, visit www.thecomedyfestival.com or contact the Colosseum box office at (702) 866-1400 or 1-877-TCF-FEST (823-3378).
For Special Sponsorship Packages and VIP tickets to Comic Relief 2006, please contact Levy, Pazanti & Assoc. @ 310-201-5053 or email@example.com.
For room and ticket packages, visit www.caesarspalace.com.