By the age of 21, Show Dog-Universal Music’s Joel Crouse had already accomplished more than many artists ever dream of doing. He wrote his first song at the age of 14, started a band when he...
By the age of 21, Show Dog-Universal Music’s Joel Crouse had already accomplished more than many artists ever dream of doing. He wrote his first song at the age of 14, started a band when he was 15, graduated from high school at the age of 16 and was signed to his record deal not long after his 19th birthday. He has since gone on to open shows for Taylor Swift, The Band Perry, Toby Keith, Darius Rucker, Rodney Atkins, Sara Evans, and even bands like the Goo Goo Dolls.
Joel and his grandfather share a strong bond, which is where his love for country music began. His grandfather lived with his family off and on throughout his childhood and during that time Joel was introduced to the music of Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Jr., Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Merle Haggard. Joel also grew to love classic rock music from the 70s, particularly story songs like those performed by Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Eagles, and Fleetwood Mac, to name a few. Because of that time with his grandfather, Joel loves the classics and thinks there’s no better sound than listening to a vinyl recording.
As a co-writer of each of the tracks on his debut album, Joel has written with some of the biggest songwriters in Nashville including BMI Songwriter of the Year, Luke Laird (“Pontoon,” “Drink In My Hand”), Craig Wiseman (“Live Like You Were Dying,” “Summertime”) and Bob DiPiero (“Gone,” “Southern Voice”). The album, produced by Jamie Houston, is scheduled for release in early 2014.
· Current single is “Why God Made Love Songs,” which Joel co-wrote with Jimmy Yeary and Jamie Houston
· Co-wrote his debut single, “If You Want Some,” with Jamie Houston and Luke Laird
· The “If You Want Some” music video was directed by Chris Hicky and made its debut on RollingStone.com.
· Opened 16 dates on Taylor Swift’s Red Tour this summer. Taylor personally selected Joel for the tour after seeing videos of his performances on YouTube.
· Recently fulfilled a lifelong dream when he made his debut on the hallowed Grand Ole Opry stage
· Grew up the son of a preacher man in a small town, where his mom works as the church secretary
· His first public singing experience was in church
· If he could trade places with anyone for a day, it would be Mark Wahlberg
· He is obsessed with Chipotle and dreams of having them as a tour sponsor one day
· When asked if he has a lucky charm, his response was: “I have an autographed picture of Gerald Ford and since I was 15, it has always been with me wherever I’ve lived. It’s very pointless, but I like it.”
· Dream duet partner is Carrie Underwood or Adele
· In 50 years when people look back on his life he hopes they think both he and his music had integrity
· What would he put in his personal time capsule? “Maybe my picture of Gerald Ford…but probably not.”
- See more at: http://www.joelcrouse.com/about.html#sthash.wFQHwuOG.dpuf